The Background Effect and Design Solution for Risc OS
- Marbler texture design and colouring system, with many sample textures to jump-start the creative process. All textures created with marbler tile correctly thanks to the latest mathematical and genetic algorithms used by this sophisticated yet easy-to use tool
- An additional set of over 40 professionally designed royalty-free textures for use on the Web, and with all major graphics packages
- Unique textures for Studio 24 Pro owners - designed for its random texture generator
- Laminated texture reference card for ease of use
- Documentation on Marbler and how to use the results with all major graphics packages
window shown at 50% actual size
The Marbler main window offers full and comprehensive control over pattern mutation including textures, colours, palette and lighting angles.
Saving as a sprite, or the text file used in its generation, can be performed at any point.
An adjust-click on any image places it 'on hold' - ie prevents it being mutated on the next cycle.
Marbler can also save a mutation as an animation which can then be used creatively in many Risc OS applications.
Fully configurable preference options
window shown at 75% actual size
All the textures used throughout the R-Comp site, including background tiles and text fills, have been generated with this piece of software.
Click on the images below to view in greater detail
Sample Textures (23k)
Palette Shifting Capabilities (18k)
Almost as a by-product, Marbler produces an extensive range of buttons such as this, shown at 50% of generated size with 70% JPEG compression. Press it to access a 'fun' textures page.
Archimedes or Risc PC with 1 Mb RAM or more
Risc OS 3.1 or higher
Floppy or Hard Drive System
Single User: £20 Site Licence: £55
© R-Comp, 1997/8 with HTMLEdit 3.75.